After N806 Million Transfer
Three suspected Internet fraudsters,
popularly called Yahoo boys, have
been arrested by the Economic and
Financial Crimes Commission.
EFCC spokesman, Wilson Uwujaren
said the suspects ─ Okpekereke
Timothy, Stanley Odjighere, and
Teminor Karo ─ allegedly stole
about N806m from a new
generation bank.
Uwujaren said the EFCC discovered
that the suspects had used the
proceeds to fund some projects,
including a hotel, among others.He
said,
“The EFCC has so far confiscated the
following property, which are
proceeds of the crime from the
suspects; one uncompleted 59-room
self-contain hostel, a twin bungalow
in Oghara, Delta State, one
uncompleted hotel project, one
bungalow with a swimming pool in
Ughelli and a bungalow in Agbaro.
“Others are one Toyota Venza, 2010
model; two Toyota Solara cars, 2010
model; two Toyota Camry cars, 2010
model and two Honda Accord cars,
2005 model.”According to Punch,The
EFCC spokesman explained that
three suspects were arrested on
Wednesday, January 14, 2015 in Port
Harcourt, Rivers State.
“The trio are part of a syndicate
arrested over allegations of
conspiracy, Internet scam and
stealing from one of the new
generation banks to the tune of
N806, 208,000. Forty others are still
at large.
“The theft was perpetrated through
a system glitch linked to the
fraudsters, in which the bank
suffered a huge loss of more than
N806m.”It was gathered that the
bank had told the EFCC that a
review of transactions involving the
bank with Interswitch Nigeria
limited revealed that the bank was
not reimbursed for the transactions
consummated on ATM terminals.
Uwujaren said,
“It was discovered that while many
of the transactions involved were
failed transactions, the amounts
involved were not reversed, and all
the customers were seen to have
withdrawn the cash amounting to
the sum on each day it happened.
“The suspects will be arraigned in
court as soon as investigations are
completed.”
Popular Posts
-
A Muslim cleric has been killed by suspected cultists….. A 25-year-old Islamic cleric, Alfa Rahmon Alabi, has been reportedly murdered...
-
The Emir of Zaria, Alhaji Shehu Idris has cancelled this year’s Sallah Durbar. According to BBC Hausa, the emir cancelled it due to ...
-
An assistant superintendent of police attached to the Adigbe Police Station in Ogun State, Emmanuel Ogunlesi has inflicted a life-threat...
-
Topic: KNOWING HIM IS LIFE – Monday November 30th 2015 Memorise: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knowet...
-
May God continue to save us...help me say amin (AMEN)
-
Celebrities' Reactions when Mourinho said Eden Hazard was better than Cristiano Ronaldo last season«# Dbanj : You can't even put Hazard in the same league as Neymar let alone Ronaldo . # Prince_Harry : It's a shame. Hazard is no...
-
Topic :- CLAIMING UNCLAIMED HARVESTS – Thursday October 15th 2015 Memorise: I sent you to reap that whereon ye bestowed no labour: oth...
-
Born Olubowale Victor Akintimehin, Wale is really seizing the day and enjoying every moment spent in his country home. He is pictured ...
-
This shouldn’t really come as a surprise to anyone because we all kind of knew this as a fact already. The controversial singer and nudi...
-
There was an heavy traffic around Ogere on the ever busy Lagos-Ibadan expressway on Friday March 4. Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle...
Sunday, 18 January 2015
WIRED!! 3 Yahoo Boys Nabbed By EFCC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Pls use chrome browser, web browser or uc browser to comment