Popular Posts

Monday 29 June 2015

Smugglers At Badagry Beat Journalist To Pulp (Photo)


Hoodlums suspected to be
smugglers on Thursday, beat
journalist, Yomi Olomofe to coma
over accusations of reporting their
activities at the Seme-Badagry area.
The victim, Olomofe, who is the
Executive Director of the Badagry
based Prime Magazine narrated his
ordeal to Vanguard.
“I was with another colleague of
mine on a visit to the command,
when some smugglers, who claimed
that journalists have been writing
negative stories about them,
pounced on me”
“While beating me, they threatened
to kill me so as to serve as deterrent
to journalists writing stories about
them.
“I was there with the correspondent
of Tide Newspaper, thank God a
friend from Rotary Club came to
take me away, I would have been
dead, because I was left there almost
lifeless.
“These hoodlums are not unknown.
They are known to everybody, but
they are above the law. They even
told me that they have killed many
people and nothing happened”
Meanwhile, Olomofe has called on
the Inspector General of police to
come to his rescue saying his life is
no longer safe .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pls use chrome browser, web browser or uc browser to comment