Popular Posts

Tuesday 15 December 2015

FESTAC Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested With 86 Bullets (Photos)

The police in Lagos have arrested a suspect, Akiri-
Kemepamini Wisdom, who allegedly participated in the
bank robbery in the FESTAC Town area of the state on
Tuesday, October 13.
PUNCH Metro learnt that the 32-year-old suspect and one
Diokoro Chinedu, were apprehended by the Igando Police
Division last Tuesday along the LASU-Iba Road, while 86
bullets and an AK-49 rifle were recovered from them.
Our correspondent had reported on Wednesday, October
14, that the robbery gang stormed two commercial banks
in the FESTAC Town area on the fateful day, during which
a mother and her child were shot dead.
According to the police, Kemepamini-Wisdom and
Chinedu, who were on an unregistered motorcycle, were
arrested during a stop-and-search, while a third suspect,
also on the motorcycle, escaped. A bag was said to have
been recovered from them.
It was gathered that apart from the ammunition and the
rifle, other items found in the bag were a Nigerian Army
cap, a T-shirt with the inscription, ‘Gallant Patrol’, and the
sum of N134,675.
Speaking with PUNCH Metro, Wisdom, who hails from the
Ese Odo Local Government Area of Ondo State, said he and
the runaway suspect were given an instruction by their
boss, identified simply as TK , to take the bag to a man,
whose name he claimed not to know.
He said, “I am a fisherman. It was my friend, Kinikini ,
who carried the bag. We were told by our boss to deliver
the bag to another man. I am an errand boy to the gang
leader. He and his boys stay in the creeks. He has many
guns and I do not know how many he uses for operation.
“They usually give me about N4,000 for such delivery. Now
that I have been arrested, I know I am dead because they
will be trailing me thinking I have leaked their secrets to
the police.”
Chinedu, however, denied being aware of the contents of
the bag, saying he was just a victim of circumstances.
The Imo State indigene added that if he was aware of what
his passengers were carrying, he would not have taken
them.
He said, “I am an okada rider in Victory Estate, in the Iba
area. I picked the two men around Monkey Village bus
stop. They said I should take them to Iyana School. When
we got there, they said I should take them to Igando.
“On the way, we met policemen on stop-and-search. If I
knew they had such weapons in their bag, I wouldn’t have
stopped for the policemen, but I didn’t know what was in
the bag. When the policemen asked them what was inside
the bag, they couldn’t answer.
“When one of the policemen touched the bag, he said
what he touched felt like a gun. I told the policeman to
hold them responsible because they owned the bag and
that I was just an okada rider.
“The police have searched my house but they didn’t find
anything. I am innocent. If God should save me from this
trouble, I will never ride okada again.”
The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni,
who paraded the suspects, said they were assisting the
police with investigations.
He said, “They actually attempted to drop the bag and run
away, but they were arrested. One of them is an errand
boy to the kingpin of the gang that carried out the bank
robbery in FESTAC recently. He is helping us with our
investigations.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pls use chrome browser, web browser or uc browser to comment