Popular Posts

Wednesday 24 December 2014

Modenine - am not hungry but am comfortable

Mode Nine is popularly regarded as
one of the pioneer and legendary
rap acts in Nigeria, but he’s
disappointed that the brand doesn’t
sell.
“Music has got me fame but not
fortune. The kind of song I do is hip-
hop in its pure essence and the truth
is that most Nigerians do not like i,”
Mode Nine said in an interview with
Punch
I can eat three times in a day; I am
not hungry but I am not as
comfortable as I would love to be.
However, the book has not ended,
so let’s see what happens. Music has
got me more fame than fortune.”
He also revealed that he wasn’t
bothered about not receiving any
nominations at the Hip Hop World
awards, saying he only wants to
make good music.
“I don’t feel bad that I was not
nominated in the Lyricist on the Roll
category during this year’s Headies
because even the sun and moon
rotate the time they are meant to.
I don’t do music with awards in
mind; I just try and make good
albums. I don’t mind if I am not
nominated again for the next
Headies because I was getting tired
of being nominated for the lyricist
on the roll category year in year out.
I am even happy that I was not
nominated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pls use chrome browser, web browser or uc browser to comment