Popular Posts

Tuesday 27 January 2015

I Wish I Was The Mother Of All His Kids; The Seven Of Them’ – Annie Idibia


In the latest issue of Motherhood In-
Style magazine, Nollywood actress
and wife to Nigerian entertainer
2face Idibia, Annie Idibia is the cover
star.
With lovely editorial spreads with
her daughters Isabella and Olivia,
Annie Idibia talks to the magazine
about her parents getting divorced,
how it affected her, being married
to 2face, his children from other
women, her pregnancies and much
more.
Annie Idibia’s feature in the
magazine covers 13 pages and is
very detailed about her life as a
mother and wife.
Read excerpts from her interesting
interview below:
On her parents divorcing when she was
young : It affected us negatively. It
was so hard on us then. It’s not an
experience I would want my kids to
have to go through because when
you’re used to being with two
people and suddenly, you’re caught
between who you’re going to live
with or mummy takes you and you
are left wondering why daddy
didn’t. It is so emotional.
On how it affected her : My mum is a
very strong woman, she scaled
through it…My mum was a full
housewife when she was with my
dad, but after the divorce she had to
work to take care of her 4 kids, and
we all had to do minor jobs to help
out. Maybe if I didn’t go through
that I wouldn’t understand the pains
of divorce and how it would affect
the children. At the same time, I’ve
learnt that life is not a bed of roses.
That experience has made me more
focused and stronger. It’s made me
the woman that I am and a better
mother to my kids. Then, it makes
me bent on ensuring that my
marriage works too so my children
won’t have to go through divorce
and all the pains associated with it.
On being married to 2face Idibia : No,
I’m married to Innocent, one of the
most amazing men in the world. I
want to believe our marriage is
almost like every other marriage.
He’s a good person a good dad,
great husband, a wonderful brother-
in-law and son-in-law, and he’s all
that I thought he would be as a
husband and more.
On the low and high points of their
relationship: I think it would be the
first time I heard that other people
were having his baby, the second
should be when we both sat down
and agreed to end the relationship.
We realized it couldn’t work and
decided to break up. That was after
I had Isabella. His proposal was a
high point; the way he went about it
was special. And my wedding! I
didn’t think we were going to end
up together, and that’s the honest
truth.
On making changes : I wish I was the
mother of all his kids; the seven of
them. But they are my kids; I just
wish I was their biological mum.
They’re awesome; you can’t help but
love them. Everything else has made
everything better.
On how his other kids affect their
marriage : I won’t say it’s easy, I will
not lie to you. I mean, you have kids
with people, are you going to be
their enemy? You have to have at
least some civil relationship with
them; you have to be very civil but
God has been very faithful, and it’s
still God all the way because it’s
really not easy. I do not regret being
with my husband but I would not
want my daughter to be married to
a man that has kids with other
women, naturally. You know, it
doesn’t make me love him less or
feel like I don’t want to be here, I’m
happy that I’m here, I don’t love
him less, but I would not wish that
for my daughter because even if the
man is in, how about the other
parties involved? But then, like I
said, it’s key to be civil.
On her pregnancy: I had CS for both
kids. With Isabel it was good, it
Olivia it was horrible. I was sick all
through my second pregnancy, and
it was difficult. With Isabel, it was
easy.
To read the full interview and
feature pick up a copy of the
Motherhood In-Style magazine’s
Volume 4, Issue 6 edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pls use chrome browser, web browser or uc browser to comment