Popular Posts

Wednesday 7 October 2015

'Pres.Buhari Is A Surprise Master' - Fayemi On His Ministerial Appointment.

 
Dr Kayode Fayemi, a former governor of Ekiti
state, has expressed utmost surprise at his
inclusion in President Muhammadu Buhari’s
ministerial nominees.
The former number one citizen of Ekiti state,
who as ousted by Ayodele Fayose in last
year’s gubernatorial election, said that he was
with the president on the day he submitted
the list to the Senate President, Bukola
Saraki.
Former governor of Ekiti state, Dr Kayode
Fayemi
 
Fayemi who spoke with journalists at the
national secretariat of the All Progressives
Congress (APC), said that although he was
with President Buhari till about 4:00pm on the
day the list was submitted he never had any
premonition of his imminent appointment.
“Well, to the extent that I was not told by the
President that I was going to be on his list, yes,
it came as a surprise. The President is a
surprise master, let me put it that way.
“He did not tell anyone to the best of my
knowledge and I would have thought that I was
in vantage position to know more than others. I
was with him for five days before then, I was
with him in New York at the United Nation
General Assembly and he never said a word
about his list to me nor to anyone else.
“We came back to Nigeria together, I was with
him till 4:00pm on the evening he submitted the
list to the President of the Senate and I didn’t
have any clue of what is going to happen. So, to
that extent I was pleasantly surprised,” the ex-
governor explained.
 
On what he thinks their responsibilities are as
nominees, he was quoted by The Nation to
have said: “One must thank the President for
reposing confidence in us and we thank the
party because when you look at the list, you will
see that this is a galaxy of party men and
women. These are people that have been very
active and worked hard to ensure the victory of
our party.
“And we also hold it as a duty to deliver on the
promises made to Nigerians by the party. So it
is a call to duty really, it involved a lot of work,
service and sacrifice to Nigerians.”
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in its
reaction to the list, noted that there was
nothing to celebrate about President Buhari’s
ministerial nominees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pls use chrome browser, web browser or uc browser to comment