Popular Posts

Sunday 26 July 2015

Have Finally Found Love - Tonto Dikeh


Popular  actress turn singer Tonto
Dikeh is in the news again but this time for the good reason. In this
interview with Punch, she reveals that
she has finally found love among
other things.
Interview excerpts below:
Background
My full name is Tonto Charity Dikeh
and I am Ikwerre from Rivers State. I
was born into a close-knit family of
seven. I studied Petrochemical
Engineering at the Rivers State
University of Science and Technology.
I had a beautiful childhood because
my parents did not deny me the good
things of life. Memories from my
childhood are dear to me and are
etched in my mind. I also have a very
good relationship with my parents
and siblings contrary to what people
want to believe.
Music
Acting is my first love and I did not
abandon it to become a musician. I
still act and I will continue to do so. I
will not abandon singing either. In
fact, I am working at becoming a
better musician because I am still
learning the ropes. I am currently
working on releasing an album so my
fans should expect nothing but the
best from me. I am collaborating with
a foreign artiste whose name I am not
going to mention because I want it to
be a surprise.
Interests
Apart from acting and music, I am
also a businesswoman. I like to buy
landed properties anytime I see what
I like and realise I can afford it. I have
produced several movies and I have
gone to countless film schools through
the years to hone my skills as an
actress and producer. In the future, I
hope to have a reality show that
would give an insight into my life and
the activities I am involved in.
Achievements
Any avid viewer of African movie
channels would attest to the fact that
three or more movies where I have
featured are broadcast every day. I
am an Africa Magic Viewers Choice
Award winner and a regular face in
Nollywood Movies. I am not one to
blow my trumpet because I would
rather have my works speak for me.
Controversies
Many celebrities say they don’t read
comments on stories written about
them on the Internet whereas they
read them. I am one person who
doesn’t visit blogs and websites. It’s a
personal decision not to do so. I don’t
even know what these blogs are
called. I have a cordial relationship
with all my colleagues and I have
absolutely no issues with Mercy
Johnson-Okojie as it was once
speculated; we are all cool people.
Personality
I would say I have a great and strong
personality. I love myself so much. I
am not also as shy as most people
think I am. I didn’t let depression eat
me up. You have to fight depression
and overcome it; I did and won. I
started the Tonto Dikeh Foundation
so I can help others conquer
depression.
Love
I have not always been lucky with
love and relationships but right now, I
am happy I’ve found love. I have too
many thoughts on marriage and I can
spend an entire day speaking about it.
I will marry whoever God leads me
to. The inspiration behind my hit
track, Sugar Rush is the fact that love
conquers all.
Regrets
I have absolutely no regrets in life
because I consider every experience a
lesson for me. I am most thankful for
the life I am living and don’t wish to
be anybody but me.

Source: Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pls use chrome browser, web browser or uc browser to comment