Popular Posts

Saturday 23 April 2016

Doris Simeon Explains Why Yoruba Films Are Poorly Subtitled – See Why

Nollywood actress Doris Simeon in a recent
interview spoke about the poor subtitling of
Nollywood films.
In the interview, Simeon explained that many Yoruba
movies were poorly subtitled because of inadequate
personnel, and also the hurry of producers to release
movies.
In the interview, she also spoke about her
relationship with ex-husband Daniel Ademinokan ,
as well as his new partner, Stella Damascus.
See excerpts from the interview below!
Do you regret being a single mother?
I have no regret at all. I have only learnt to be
stronger. I thank God. My career and business are
going on well. The only difference for me is that I
don’t have to run home to cook for a husband. Life is
still the same. I am normal with no problem. Life goes
on.
Why are Yoruba films poorly subtitled?
We have not been able to get the right people to do it
for us. Again, most of us are always in a hurry to send
our movies to the market.
How often do you see your son who clocked eight
recently?
He stays with his dad. I really don’t want to say much
about this because we are still in court.
What lessons did you learn from your previous
marriage?
I want to be closer to God and put God first in
everything I do.
What’s your relationship with Stella Damasus?
I have no business with her.
If you are producing a movie, can you invite Stella
Damasuc as one of the casts?
Yes, I can, after all, she is an actress and money is
involved. I can do business with an enemy provided it
is strictly business. Why her when I can always go for
others?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pls use chrome browser, web browser or uc browser to comment