Popular Posts

Thursday 13 August 2015

“How I Got Signed To YBNL Nation”


Sensational singer Adekunle Gold has
revealed how he got signed to
Olamide’s YBNL Nation, The singer has
been on a successful run with the
release of two official singles ‘Sade’
and more recently ‘Orente’.
The Orente crooner who sings in
Highlife with a mid-tempo pop twist,
has revealed how he got into the
heart of Olamide, and subsequently,
earning a record deal.
“I have been working with Olamide, I
designed the YBNL logo, I have done
a couple of designs for the label
before I got signed.” Adekunle
revealed.
“When I dropped Sade , Olamide
apparently liked it, and the whole
YBNL crew liked it. So he called me
and said he really liked my sound,
and didn’t want it to change, that he
would love to work with me. “I didn’t
see it coming, I didn’t lobby for it, I
didn’t do anything, I didn’t think
about it at all.”
Adekunle’s two singles so far has
been heavy on storytelling. They both
take listeners through a tale of
romance, which has been
instrumental in the success of both
singles. In contrast, the rest of the
YBNL artistes are pacy rappers. The
singer believes that there is a
connection between his genre and
indigenous rap
“I guess it just works because I am
indigenous too as well, I speak
Yoruba, English, pidgin…and then my
sound identifies with the street
somehow. So there’s a sync somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pls use chrome browser, web browser or uc browser to comment