The leader of Nigeria’s Boko Haram Sect has
denied being killed or ousted as chief of the
jihadist group in an audio recording released
Sunday attributed to him by security experts.
In the eight-minute Hausa recording, Shekau
denies claims by president of Chad, Idriss Deby
who claimed that Shekau had been replaced as
Shekau proceeds to call the president a
“hypocrite” and a “tyrant”.
“It is indeed all over the global
media of infidels that I am dead or
that I am sick and incapacitated and
have lost influence in the affairs of
religion,” he said in the recording
released on social media.
AD: Learn To Make N200,000 -
N350,000 Monthly Like Jumia &
Konga. - Click Here To Start
“It should be understood that this is
false. This is indeed a lie. If it were
true, my voice wouldn’t have been
heard, now that I am speaking.”
Chad President, Deby declared on August 12 that
efforts to combat neighbouring Nigeria’s Boko
Haram jihadists had succeeded in “decapitating”
the group and would be wrapped up “by the end
of the year”.
“Gratitude be to Allah and with his
help, I have not disappeared. I am
still alive and I am not dead. And I
will not die until my time appointed
by Allah is up,” Shekau said in the
message.
The SITE Intelligence Group verified the
authenticity of the message, and an AFP
correspondent with extensive experience of
reporting Boko Haram said it exactly resembled
Shekau’s voice in previous recordings.
Popular Posts
-
A 32-year-old Lebanese, Amira Abdallahi, along with five other suspects, have been arrested by the police for alleged robberies and fraud...
-
The rapper once got an offer of a record deal with HKN , which he turned down due to the binding terms of his contract with Masterkraft. ...
-
Three heavy duty trucks were involved in a multiple commission this morning. The accident occurred in the early hours of Thursday morning ...
-
A mother of two, who gave her name as Chika Elekwachi has lost her pregnancy following police brutality. Narrating her ordeal, she said: ...
-
A petrol tanker belonging to Forte Oil and loaded with product fell off the now notorious Ojuelegba bridge in the early hours of Satur...
-
The Nigerian Army said its troops have arrested some kingpins and foot soldiers who supplies the Boko Haram terrorists with hard drugs...
-
A suspected Boko Haram suicide bomber this morning killed a police officer who tried to stop him from attacking a police station in So...
-
Two young Nigerians suspected to be on their way to joining the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) terror gang were on Friday arres...
-
The Oyo State Police Command has uncovered another kidnappers’ den at Oyagbe area in Oyo town, where different atrocities are committed. ...
-
This is such a big disgrace. How can one who claims to be working for God be caught in such a shameless and Disgust*ng act. According to t...
Monday, 17 August 2015
'I'm Still Alive' - Abubakar Shekau
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Pls use chrome browser, web browser or uc browser to comment