Popular Posts

Monday 17 August 2015

'I'm Still Alive' - Abubakar Shekau


The leader of Nigeria’s Boko Haram Sect has
denied being killed or ousted as chief of the
jihadist group in an audio recording released
Sunday attributed to him by security experts.
In the eight-minute Hausa recording, Shekau
denies claims by president of Chad, Idriss Deby
who claimed that Shekau had been replaced as
Shekau proceeds to call the president a
“hypocrite” and a “tyrant”.
“It is indeed all over the global
media of infidels that I am dead or
that I am sick and incapacitated and
have lost influence in the affairs of
religion,” he said in the recording
released on social media.
AD: Learn To Make N200,000 -
N350,000 Monthly Like Jumia &
Konga. - Click Here To Start
“It should be understood that this is
false. This is indeed a lie. If it were
true, my voice wouldn’t have been
heard, now that I am speaking.”
Chad President, Deby declared on August 12 that
efforts to combat neighbouring Nigeria’s Boko
Haram jihadists had succeeded in “decapitating”
the group and would be wrapped up “by the end
of the year”.
“Gratitude be to Allah and with his
help, I have not disappeared. I am
still alive and I am not dead. And I
will not die until my time appointed
by Allah is up,” Shekau said in the
message.
The SITE Intelligence Group verified the
authenticity of the message, and an AFP
correspondent with extensive experience of
reporting Boko Haram said it exactly resembled
Shekau’s voice in previous recordings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pls use chrome browser, web browser or uc browser to comment