Popular Posts

Saturday 12 September 2015

Fake Channels TV Reporter Nabbed In Lagos (Photo)

 
Everyday for the thief one day for the owner
they do say. A
33-year-old father of one, identified as
Adeshina Adams, who had been allegedly
parading himself as a staff of Channels
Television has been arrested by the
Police in Lagos.
It was gathered that Adams has been
impersonating as a staff
of Channels TV, covering events on behalf of
the television station and
defrauding unsuspecting people of their hard-
earned money.
Crime Alert gathered that for some time now,
the management
of the popular television station received
complaints from people who had been
victims of the suspect’s nefarious activities.
However, trouble started for the impostor
when he called a
popular Yoruba actress named Iyabo Ojo,
soliciting for a personality interview
for her that would feature on Channels
Television, and made some financial
demands that the actress was expected to
pay.
Unfortunately for him, he was unaware that
the actress had
contact with some officials at the TV station,
who she immediately contacted to
verify if anyone with the said name is a staff
of the media house. The
officials confirmed that they had no staff with
that name. They collected his
contact details from the actress.

Entrapment

Then sometime in August, the suspect
allegedly entered into
a deal with a prospective client and demanded
for a personality interview.
After necessary negotiations, he billed the
prospective client N300,000 for the
interview, which would be paid at the venue
of the interview session.
Unknown to him that the media house has
been on his trail
for a while, the suspect and his crew
members arrived at the scheduled venue
where operatives of State Investigation
Bureau (SIB) picked him and his crew
members, made up of a cameraman and a
reporter.
Defence
In his defence, Adams who claimed to be a
trained
cinematographer revealed that before he
began to parade himself as a staff of
the TV station, he had worked with the late
Aromire of Yotomi TV. “I started
parading myself as a staff of Channels
Television last year. Usually, I go to
any slated event or interview as a staff of
Channels TV . But each time I am at
an event and the real Channels staff come, I
will leave. Most times, I would have
collected the honorary before their staff arrive
at the venue.
“I attended a cinematography school (name
withheld) located
within Egbeda area of Lagos. It was at the
school I learnt basic skills of the
job.
But all those events or interviews were never
broadcast on
any television station or Channels TV because
I don’t work for them. I pay my
crew members after each job. I promised to
pay the reporter N10,000 after the
interview before I was arrested that day.”
The wife of suspect, Mrs Adeshina Adams,
who was initially
angry that the client who contracted her
husband for an interview was
responsible for his arrest, had this to say: “My
husband told me that he works
with Channels TV? I didn’t know he was not
employed by the station. And I
believed him because he has a Channels TV
identity card. I never for once
suspected that he was impersonating. Please
forgive him. It is a mistake. It
won’t happen again.”
Crime Alert gathered that the male reporter
who works with
Sunshine TV as a freelance and the
cameraman didn’t know that Adams was
impersonating and defrauding people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pls use chrome browser, web browser or uc browser to comment